At the crossroads of Willamette Valley's beloved Territorial Highway and Highway 126 to the Oregon Coast, is the country town of Veneta. A natural stopping place on any excursion, Veneta offers several restaurants, stores and even an electric vehicle charging station.
But a quick pit stop doesn't reveal Veneta's real beauty - that requires settling in and lingering at a wildlife watching wayside, on the water off Perkins Peninsula or at a boutique winery with Oregon's best Pinot swirling in your glass. Watch the mist rise from the marshes, a Great Blue Heron take flight and the sunset tint sailboats red, orange and purple as they scurry across the rippling reservoir.
- Launch a boat onto Fern Ridge Reservoir, South Willamette Valley's largest lake.
- Paddle the canoe trails of Coyote Creek.
- Relax over a glass of wine at Sarver Winery or LaVelle Vineyards.
- Soak up sun rays and splash in the water at Orchard Point with a backdrop of wafting barbecues.
- Enjoy a hearty breakfast with a good cup of coffee at Our Daily Bread Restaurant.
- Join in the celebration during July's Oregon Country Fair.
- Go birding in the protected wildlife areas surrounding Fern Ridge.
Pitch a tent or pull up your RV into a waterfront site at Fern Ridge Reservoir, such as Richardson Park, or book a brightly colored yurt right in town. Stay in a bed and breakfast or roll up your sleeves at a farm stay gig.
Veneta offers many unique opportunities for connecting with the rural ambiance of the Willamette Valley.